ISOS is governed by a diverse and dedicated Board Of Directors who share a commitment to the goals and objectives of the Organization.
Laila J. Abdulrazzak Hajoo
Born in Denver, Colorado to an American revert Muslim mother and an Iraqi Muslim father.
Was raised in Seattle, WA, graduated at the University of Washington with a B.Sc. in Mathematics. Worked for Boeing, Evans and Sutherland
(flight simulation company) as a software developer and then for Intersolv; Intel and Mentor Graphics as a Quality/Test Manager in the software engineering field. Married to James H. Kennedy, a Muslim revert. One of the founders of Islamic Social Services of Oregon State, and currently serves as President.
Retired from professional career in 2015. Hobby - gardening.
A resident of Portland, Oregon for the last thirty years and has been involved with community
service during that time. Her inspiration to serve the under privileged and refugees is driven by her deep-rooted passion for social justice.
She is a founding member and on the board of directors of ISOS and Bilal Masjid in Beaverton. Faiza was trained as a physician in Pakistan.
Recently, she earned her Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from PSU and is now working with Lutheran Community Services as a clinical mental health counselor.
In her free time Faiza likes to spend time with her family, read and taking long walks.
Issam S. Abu-Khater
Earned his undergraduate and masters in electrical engineering from Dalhousie University (Halifax,
Nova Scotia, Canada) in 1988 and 1990 respectively. Issam earned his PhD. in VLSI (microelectronics) from University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada in 1995.
Since Oct, 1995, Issam has been living in Portland, Oregon and working at Intel Corporation.
Issam volunteered in Muslim Student Association (MSA) during my undergraduate university years, taught Arabic and Quranic classes to children since the
age of 19 in Canada and the United States. Issam has been giving Friday sermon since he was 20 years of age, in Halifax-Canada, Waterloo-Canada and
Portland-Oregon. Since 1995 Issam became a resident of Portland, Oregon and is currently active providing Friday sermons at Hillsboro prayer hall,
Masjed Bilal Association, Islamic Center of Portland-Masjed Assaber, and Portland State University).
Issam is an active member of the Muslim community of Oregon, some of his accomplishments are:
- Issam is on the board of Islamic Social Services of Oregon State (ISOS), and responsible for fundraising to help the poor and needy people in Oregon
- Issam helped in establishing the Friday prayer in Hillsboro-Oregon since 1997 and he actively worked with others on the creation of Islamic Community Center of Hillsboro (ICCH) with the vision of building a community close to the work place that provides the necessary foundation for future Islamic center.
- Issam was elected as the first President of ICCH Start Committee in 2009. ICCH bought a property and Allah willing will operate the mosque in 2017.
- Helping in organizing lectures, invite speakers and fundraising for relief organizations in conjunction with Mosques and other Islamic organizations.
- Although he is no longer associated with ISP and IWARA, Issam was a founding and board member of Islamic School of Portland and Islamic World Associations for the Readers and Almujawiddeen (IWARA).
- Served for many years as member of the board of Intel Muslim Employee Group (IMEG).
Born and raised in Egypt, graduated from faculty of Engineering, Software and Systems Engineering department at Ain Shams University in Cairo, Egypt.
Moved to USA in 2007. I am married and we have two sons. I joined ISOS as a volunteer in 2016 and constructed their new ISOS website.
I am also a volunteer for Portland Refugee Support Group (PRSG). Software Engineering is my passion, especially when I can use it to serve the community.
I am continuing my studies in Data Science and Data Analytics. Iím a book worm, love to travel, bake and make soaps.
Javed has been living in Portland for over 14 years and is an active member of the community. He works as a senior technology leader for fortune 500 Sportswear company with a responsibility to drive digital transformation through technology and analytics. Prior to coming to Portland, Javed had several years of experience working for large corporations internationally and nationally leading technology teams in manufacturing, finance and retail. He holds a bachelorís degree in Computer Science from Pakistan and a Masters in Business Administration and Computer Science from USA. In addition to being a board member of ISOS, he also volunteers actively at Bilal Sunday School and Islamic Society of Greater Portland (ISGP). His vision is to strengthen the community through active participation, social work and awareness.