Day Of Dignity 2019
Portland's Day of Dignity Event occurred on Sunday, September 8,
from noon to 4pm at Park of the Elephant (North Park Block B), located between NW Burnside; NW Couch and NW Park Ave, NW 8th Ave.
Islamic Social Services of Oregon State (ISOS) is co-partnering with agencies of diverse backgrounds
that share the same common interest with assisting our most vulnerable neighbors, the homeless
For 2019 we were honored to have the following organizations participation:
- Jewish Family and Child Service
- William Temple House
- Shafa Clinic
- Oregon Food Bank
- Sunshine Division
- Oregon Islamic Chaplain Organization
- Japanese American Citizen League
- Relay Resources
- Potluck in the Park
- Sesame Donuts
- Outside In
- Multnomah County Health Dept
- Rose Haven
- Transition Projects
- Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO) - MidEast House
- University of Western State (Chiropractic Dept)
- Medical Teams International - Dental Mobile
- Street Roots
- Portland Refugee Support Group
- Oregons' Lion Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church
- Volunteers of America
Backpacks, Sleeping bags, Rain ponchos, Socks, Knitted hats, Hygiene Kits, Feminine hygiene, Large storage carry bags, School Kits, Produce, Non-Perishable food,
Veggie burgers, Bottled water, Donuts and Chap sticks.
Medical, Counseling/resources, Blood pressure testing, Glucose testing, Housing/Shelter, Job search, Domestic violence, Resources, Foot clinic,
Dental services, Sight/Hearing resources, Reduced public transportation applications.
Among our special visitors, was Portland's Mayor, Ted Wheeler.
Youth provided services by taking surveys of the homeless and distributed supplies, providing a great opportunity for youth awareness of being homeless.